[aztec-users] Re: Version 1.1.1 released

  • From: "Phillip Martin" <pmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:19:20 +1000

This is just fantastic. Thanks a bunch taking the time to do it.

I found another biggie as well:
When you have a face selected in component mode, and then go to point mode,
it also moves the faces that you selected, even though you have selected
different points.

> I juts looked in quickly in order to give some feedback,
> certainly many issues are already know - but one never knows ;-)

Assume we don't, since I don't 'use' aztec anywhere near the amount I
should.

> assigning keyboard keys:
> I have problems when using the 'press key' function: pressing i.e alt+s
> (germany keyboard)
> does not get reconized.
> If a press s and after that check alt, the shortcut does not work.

I haven't gone near that for ages. Scary that it is broken.

> feature or bug? ;)

heheh, the fine line between the two is always blurry.

> when i move a light into a cube - deselct the light and try to
> reselect the
> light, I always get both objects;
> the light and the cube.

This has been an annoyance for ages, not being able to select just one of
the things under the mouse cursor.

> no about:
> can't see which version i've running! ;)
>
> Graph Editor,
> Nice !!!
> I like the way one can add new key by dragging a key with ctrl.
> But I don't
> know what is happening while dragging with shift?!

I'll change shift to do something useful (At the moment is does nothing).
How about making it constrain horizontally or vertically?

> Add the modify tools (add, select, move) to the context menue.

will do.

> Permet paning with the middle mouse button - better make it customizable
> like all the other stuff in aztec. (including mouse action for zoom).

> No delete function? What about a merge/collapse function (fuses
> the keys at
> the interpolated position)? :)

Oops :) Darn those short 24 hour days!!!!

> The white area is relative to the windows size and wastes much space when
> the windows is large. Make is fix and moveable. :)
> [hehe - switching from there to perpective gives me another 3d window -
> nice! :-) ]
> On 'Make Copy' - the new windows is only entitled as 'View'.

> Scrollbars don't work.

Do they every work? Dragging the scroll bar doesn't work, the horizontal
scroll buttons should.

> Transform Manipulator/Gizmo:
> I'd like to have corners which allows me to translate in a plane (on two
> axis at the same time). As far I can see I only have choice between one or
> all axis. ... eh no I see ... the middle is all axis in 'view coord sys'?

okay, I'll add something like that in.

> Undo-List which allows one to go back to a cetain point from the
> list (doing
> multiple undos at once)

Undo? What is this 'Undo' you speak of. Speak Enlgish Man!!!! :)

> Segment Editing does not work.

What part doesn't work?

> Creating a cube with 10 witdh divisons and the other divisions at 1, does
> create a wrong, false mesh. (Turn - if you don't see it, as the faces are
> not 2-sided)

You wold have thought that I would have got something as simple as a cube
working right eh?

> KToolPanZoom Button does not work (who needs it anyway ;) ) .... oh wasn't
> that the 'last tool used' button or something? like in maya?

I can't even find that button, where is it?

I realy appreciate the feedback