[AZ-Observing] Re: [amastro] McNaught Daytime visual reports

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:29:55 -0700

I used my TV-76 on a small alt-az mount.  I felt much better as I could
position the whole mount such that sunlight could not hit the objective
behind the carport cover without physically moving the whole tripod.
The carport is covered by milky polycarbonate, and I can see the disk of
the sun through it to figure out my position as I aim the scope.  Nice
view of the comet, bright coma with a nice tail.  Surprisingly bright.
I tried to find it without optical aid and it is a no go, our sky is
just not that good today, a lot of glare around the Sun.  Wish I was on
the summit of Muana Kea already!  Have to wait a couple weeks and by
then the comet will have moved on.

Tried a few photos, but they are completely saturated, going out to try
again...

Andrew

Andrew Cooper
http://www.siowl.com