[AZ-Observing] Re: McNaught Daytime visual reports

  • From: "Bill VanOrden" <beevo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:38:38 -0700

With all the brouhaha about it on the lists I dragged the EXT125 out to see
how it would look in a scope.

Meade in it's infinite wisdom left the Sun off of the object list so I had
to position by devious means.  Found it easily and really enjoyed the view.
I played with a polarizer filter or two trying to enhance it, with a bit of
success.  A couple of neighbors were out and wondered how the sun was
looking when they saw the scope.  They were flabbergasted when I said I was
actually looking at a comet.  Had a group of 6 people at one point.

Like everyone has said, it's really wild to view a comet during the day.

Beevo (Tempe)