[AZ-Observing] Re: Young Moon, Tues evening

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:57:57 -0400

Just getting back from a hike to the usual spot on the butte overlooking Tempe.
 We spotted it at 7:20, and were able to follow it until just past 7:35, when
it was less than a half degree above the White Tanks.  We never saw it
naked-eye, but it was easy enough to hold in 10x30mm IS binoculars.  Jenn
estimated 140 degrees, and I saw 120 degrees for the length of the arc.  It was
interesting to see the arc flatten out due to refraction when it was low.

Tom