[AZ-Observing] Young Moon, Tues evening

  • From: Brian Skiff <bas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:37:56 -0700 (MST)

     I managed to spot the Moon about 7:25p = 2:25 UT this evening
with 6x30 binoculars from Anderson Mesa.  Thus about 14:49 hours age.
Delicate much-broken crescent extending rather less than 90 degrees
in angle.  By virtue of a passing distant jet and a weak band of
crud, I could make a "maybe" naked-eye sighting, but it not
something I could do without knowing exactly where to look.

\Brian