[AZ-Observing] Re: Where to go, where to go.....

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:39:07 -0700

> Won't EE, with its facilities, get the overflow from thousands of campers
> trying to cram into one of the 3 places still open? Hard to predict, but
> something to worry about while you're in the process of not worrying. :-)
> If you're going that far, how about KOFA?

I dunno, do you think that many more people know about EE than us, the
hunters and dirt bikers?  I mean, it's not as known and used as many of the
Prescott and Coconino forest campsites.  I don't even think that EE is
really a campsite, rather a nice picnic area.... Also, I seriously doubt
that a large number of people are willing to go camping for a long weekend
in the desert where it'll be 110+ during the day.  Besides, if it's too
crowded, we can always head further in on that road.  As long as we stay
away from the Killer Bees that is!! :-0   Wanna go looking for your glasses
Jack?

Otherwise, Rick's proposed convoy sounds good.  Can we meet somewhere
besides the IN/OUT Burger?  It's a ROYAL PAIN to get on the freeway from
there. (besides, that parking lot is eternal crowded beyond belief.)  How
about get your eats and let's meet in the Home Depot parking lot, closest
corner to Dysart and the IHOP?  Bring your CBs.....

Thad

messages.  Thanks.