[AZ-Observing] Re: Tonight

  • From: David Hatch <davidchatchsr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 11:39:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Crew,
The AASP was once again a great success, a little warm (o/k hot-103 was
recorded on Saturday afternoon) Friday's night pot luck and observing was
really good, from what I've heard.  Really mild tempratures Saturday night, the
clouds blew out about 8:00, and seeing was great. About midnight, we had some
lightning in the far s/e, and that was reported to be in Nogales moving n/e, so
it completely missed us. It left some with elecrtonics on their scopes a little
leary, so they packed away later. The weather was really mild for Farnsworth
ranch, because of the unusual heat spell. Most didn't even put on a sweatshirt
until well after 1 am. Saturday nights dinner was really excellent, thanks to
Claude and Randy, and we had enough for second helpings. EVAC gave away the
10inch dob to a young man who was the grand prize winner. The attendance was
down somewhat from past years, I think because of the heat scare, and maybe the
CSC. I didn't see Meade out
 there, unless they came later, and not as many from TAAA this year, other than
Chartmarkers. We had a good representation from SAC there. We saw a couple of
rattlesnakes out there, one on Friday night, one on Saturday night, and we were
serenaded by the coyotes late Saturday. Overall it was a great time, a great
time was had by all. For all those that came out, thanks for your effort, we
couldn't do it without your help and support. Until next year, keep looking up,
your chiropractor loves it. Mine too.
David