[AZ-Observing] Re: Tonight

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 22:15:32 -0700

That's most interesting as I have qualitative data to show how steady
the sky was. Even just looking with my eyes at Orion, there was no
twinkling and I could see stars fainter than I normally could naked
eye.

I have noticed a phenomena that seems to occur nearly over head at my
location. There can be storms all round, even lightning yet it can be
clear overhead. I have seen clouds approach (one advantage of a
roll-off roof observatory) and yet dissipate overhead to just form
again further to the East.

I have considered doing my observing in a different location, but for
bright star photometry, the West side of Phoenix seems uniquely
ideal.  It may be the Northwest area is out of the bubble.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT