[AZ-Observing] Re: The Leonids from Vekol Road

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:38:16 -0700

Before reading any emails anyone may have sent to correct me, which
would be rightfully heaped on me, I want to send this to correct my goof
myself.  My "fear" has come true.  In the process of reading all the
Leonid reports, I was attempting to see if anyone else had witnessed the
spectacular Leonid I observed at 12:05 MST.  I read Bill's observation
of a bolide low in the southern sky at 5:00 UT which could have been the
Leonid I observed.  Now, I know which direction to subtract or add hours
in converting to UT and vice versa, but in my desire to see if anyone
had observations that agreed with my own, I added the 7 hours in the
wrong direction.  This gave midnight, which agreed with the time of my
observation.  I sent my message below erroneously correcting Bill this
morning, but still did not realized my mistake until after I got to work
and had a cup of coffee (by that time my blood started circulating, and
I was thinking more clearly).  It's pretty humorous how I could have
interpreted 12:45 UT from my radio time cube this morning as supporting
5:00 UT being 12:00 midnight MST.

Stan

Stan Gorodenski wrote:

> This is something I am always fearful of getting mixed up.  I believe
> there is a 7 hour difference, and so 5:OO UT is midnight MST.  At 5:45
> this morning my radio cube said it was 12:45 UT.
>
> Stan

---
with the subject: unsubscribe.

messages.  Thanks.