[AZ-Observing] Re: Thanksgiving Sky

  • From: "R del Rosario" <veneran@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:24:22 -0800 (PST)

Andrew and Sam,

It's Sunday night and I just got back home here in rainy Benicia.

I wanted to express my sincerest appreciation to you and Sam again for the
"hospitality" you rendered during my visit to Tucson.  Yes, I came back a
tired, but happy man.  My 2 nights there will certainly remain one of my
most memorable, since I started viewing in Dec, 2002.  My night at Las
Cienagas was made even more productive by listening to the constant stream
of information exchange between 2 seasoned observers.

Curiously, my trip back to Sahuarita that night was made even more
colorful when I was stopped by the Border Patrol along 82 and questioned
for several minutes to verify my nationality and "buisness" in that area
at time of the night.

Clear Skies,
Renato

PS  Andrew, could you refresh my memory of the name of the comet you
showed early during that night (~170X?)?