[AZ-Observing] Trapezium Eclipsing Variable Star Light Curve

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:29:10 -0700

As discussed earlier this month, theta A Orionis (in the Trapezium)
will undergo an eclipse this weekend (fFriday night/Saturday morning.
The weather outlook is good. While there will be a bight Moon, it
will not be a problem.

I have been getting baseline BVRI CCD data over the past few nights
and plan to do an all-nighter Friday/Saturday. Gene Lucas is coming
by to help. Anyone else interested is welcome. We could use help as
this can get pretty tiring. Orion is above the observatory walls
about 10:30 PM MST so we will start about then and continue as long
as we can. We welcome anyone else who would like to come by or do
their own photometry. Because the stars are so close together, CCD
long focal length photometry will work best (no focal reducers).

For more information, please drop me a note.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT