[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel Zip

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:22:52 -0800

George Barber wrote:

>Yes, thanks Andrew!  The 12" classic is specified to weigh in at 75 pounds.

All I can say is - Wow! I would never have guessed they weighed that
much because my Dall-Kirkham has a heavy full thickness 2" mirror, a
mirror mount make of steel tubing, a heavy 2"+ diameter focus tube, and
a 3/16" thick telescope tube made of rolled fiberglass cloth. Since the
LX200 doesn't have all these heavy features, and the tube is shorter
than my telescope, I wonder why it is so heavy? Just a rhetorical
question. Next time I see an LX200 I'll have to look into it some more
(if I remember by then - it is not a high priority thought).
Stan