[AZ-Observing] Re: Second night at NASP

  • From: Gary Frey <gfreynpo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:09:57 -0700

Steve,

It cleared up just about dark, a few clouds were arount the edges of the sky
and off  to the north, but those cleared off about 9:00PM. Very clear sky on
Saturday night and good observing. Dont' fool with mother nature!!!!!!

Gene giermann, who brought the audio system and left just after you, said he
ran into a hail storm in Chino Valley and in places there was 4" on hail on the
ground, roads closed by floods and he had to go 15 miles out of his way to get
home......BUT WE WERE CLEAR ALL NIGHT AT NASP...

Gary Frey

Steve Coe wrote:

> Andrew;
>
> I had already made up my mind that I was NOT going to believe anyone who told
> me that the gigantic storm that I drove through to off that mountain went
> away by dark.  So, you get to be the first person that I don't believe, if
> there are others, so be it.  Just a short word about bandwidth on the
> Internet, I don't care how many people waste the time and email to try and
> convince me that any stars were seen on the second night at NASP.....it is
> all a conspiracy and it is not working.
>
> Clear Skies;  (real ones)
> Steve
>
> stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx
> Author:  Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist
>
> ---
> This message is from the AZ-Observing mailing list.  If you wish to be
> removed from this list, send E-mail to: AZ-Observing-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> with the subject: unsubscribe.

> This is a discussion list.  Please send personal inquiries directly to
> the message author.  In other words, do not use "reply" for personal
> messages.  Thanks.

---