[AZ-Observing] Re: Refinery near Sentinel?

  • From: "bobe" <bobe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:32:24 -0700

Brian is right.  The last time I looked, Sentinel was in Maricopa county - but
just barely.  If memory serves me correctly (and as of late it isn't doing too
well :-) you don't have to drive too much further west of Sentinel on I-8
before you are in Yuma County.  If it's really going to be in Yuma County, and
close to I-8 for access to a major transportation route, both truck and railway
(remember the railroad tracks next to I-8) then it could end up close enough to
Sentinel to be a problem for astronomical endeavors.  Additionally, I suspect
that Yuma residents would want it as far away from their residential
neighborhoods as possible.

/Bob

From: "Workman, Brian (AZ76)" <brian.workman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:10:05 -0700