[AZ-Observing] Re: Recording Seeing Conditions (was WOW!)

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:25:55 -0700

Thanks Thad!  That really expresses my take on the discussion.  I need
to record some information, but without it taking away from the reason I
go out to observe.

On the other hand Brian's input is great.  He brings a higher degree of
professionalism to us casual observers.  While reading through his
material on this and other issues I can examine my own methods,
sometimes I see my way suffers from some problem and can adopt from what
I learn from him (and the rest of you for that matter).  Sometimes I
decide that what I am doing is good enough, at least I am aware of the
drawbacks of what I am doing.

Another difference between a Scientist and an Engineer...   A scientist
tries to find the answer to the highest degree of precision possible, an
engineer figures out what is good enough and leaves it at that.  I am an
engineer,  in the truest sense of the profession.

Andrew

Andrew Cooper
http://www.siowl.com