[AZ-Observing] Re: Planets in morning sky Saturday thru Monday

  • From: Joe Orman <joe.orman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 19:36:06 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.  I also think Sam's shot is better than
the one on APOD.

  As for my observing experience this morning (Saturday) from the local park,
the planets were even lower than I was expecting -- had to look between a
couple of trees and just over the roof of a house.  Could see Jupiter and
Mercury naked-eye, but needed binoculars to make out Mars.  Didn't notice Beta
Scorpii even with the binocs, probably because I didn't know exactly where to
look.  I snapped a photo, but won't be developing the film for a while.

  Please let me know if you get any photos of Sunday morning's arrangement.

  --Joe

Jimmy Ray <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  The shot appears better to me than Tunc Tezel's on APOD
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ (which is nice). With your added "mouse
over" labels, Great job!
Jimmy Ray