[AZ-Observing] Re: Planets in morning sky Saturday thru Monday

  • From: "Steven Dodder" <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:45:57 +0000

Rosie and I observed this visually Sunday morning in full daylight around
10:30 AM MST.  Mars elluded us, but Mercury and Jupiter were quite close in
the C8.  Both showed disks, but Jupiter was really striking size-wise, while
Mercury was much brighter.  An orange EP filter helped bring out Jupiter's
bands.  Very nice viewing!

Steve and Rosie Dodder
sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visit my web site at http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman