[AZ-Observing] Re: Planets in morning sky Saturday thru Monday

  • From: Joe Orman <joe.orman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:13:46 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to EVERYONE for all the great sketches and photos!  I'm really glad so
many of you got out to see this special sky event.

  I wasn't in a position to use binoculars or camera this morning (Sunday
morning), just took a look with the naked eye.  Mercury and Jupiter, even as
amazingly close as they were, were still easily distinguishable as separate
points of light -- a memorable sight.

  --Joe Orman

  Sam wrote:
Again, thanks to Joe for giving us the "heads up".