[AZ-Observing] Re: Other pictures from Vekol 2 weeks ago

  • From: Joe Larkin <joeclarkin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:19:04 -0700 (PDT)

But there is structure in that picture.

There are clearly 2 or 3 darker patches in the central condensation.
Then to my eye it appears that there is a dimming then a brightening
as one moves out from the center. There seems to be almost a ring
like structure. Then there is the tidal tail pointing towards M31.
But there appears to be an "anti-tail" pointing away from M31 as
well. And there appears to be a curl to the tail and anti-tail.

Am I imagining all this? Or is some of this structure a result of
processing?

Joe Larkin