[AZ-Observing] Re: Orion Telescope Monsters

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 08:03:45 -0700

Cary B. Grant, wrote:

>Rick,
>
>I read the ad.  I especially like the part were it says not intended for
>children under the age of 12!

I didn't get the ad, but this reminds me of someone who had brought a
monster dob to RTMC one year. It was a really nice work of art, but it
took him about the whole day to set it up on Telescope field (before it
was overtaken by vendors). I am sure Steve Coe can recall this because I
remember him, along with others and myself, watching him set it up. At
night it required a ladder to get up to observe (naturally). I helped a
young girl get down, who might very well have been 12, and who very well
might have fallen and hurt herself without help.
Stan