[AZ-Observing] Re: North country windstorm

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:01:22 -0700

Brian;

I have never had an evening at the telescope where the seeing could not be
predicted by the naked eye scintillation of the stars.  In either direction.
By that I mean I have never had a night when the twinkling was minimal and
the view in the scope was poor or a night where the twinkling was obvious
and the view was steady.  So, I will continue to "believe" in this myth.
Have you often had nights where the telescopic seeing is the "reverse" of
the naked eye view?

Steve

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org