[AZ-Observing] Nice and clear

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: SMTP <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:37:38 -0700

Hello all;

Bob Christ and I had a fun time last night under good, but not great,
skies at the Antennas site.  I did some wide field imaging with the 35mm
lens.  Bob was determining the field of view of some eyepieces and then
we chased the Horsehead Nebula for a white.  It was pretty difficult,
but I could see it with averted vision in Bob's 9.25inch SCT.

Tonight looks better and we can try it again.  The distant mountains
show lots of detail.  Once it is dark we can see if my evaluation holds
true.

See ya;
Steve Coe