[AZ-Observing] Re: List server - Interesting behavior

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 23:51:14 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244
I don't have any solution for why your message was truncated, Mike, but just
wanted to thank you for the exhaustive list of Phoenix-local telescope making
sources. I just wish there was such a list of sources for Tucson, if not Sierra
Vista! Sometimes it pays to live in a major metropolitan area...

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)

-- Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  Well, this is peculiar...

  I noticed that the content of the message I received from the list
server is different from the one I sent just a few minutes ago.  In my
original text, the line "As a more general reply to Bob Christ's inquiry
about electronic components, here is a list of vendors I use for various
types of products:" precedes my list of vendors.  That line was deleted
from the copy I received from the list server, although it was included
in the copy I sent directly to my email account.

  Anyone have an ideas as to why this happened?  Are there some rules
regarding text formatting of which I am not aware?  The general content
of my list is not affected, but it looks like I'm being a little more
brash than I'd intended without the introductory portion of my message.

-- Mike --
--
cal_donley@xxxxxxx