[AZ-Observing] Re: Going scoping and avoiding the cold

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "DBogan3220@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 14:07:31 -0400

Its a Celestron 9.25 SCT and they have been around since the mid ninties
and the one that Steve has was made in the USA as the one I had that I should
not have let go off. The 9.25 SCT is the one that Celestron really screwed
up and made extremely well. :-). They are great on Deep Sky and really
excellent on Planets. The scope can take a whole lot of power. Example roving
the craters on the moon with my Pentax 3.8mm XP eyepiece you feel like your
in orbit yep that's 618 power. See ya all at the Antennas.

Dwight

In a message dated 5/10/2015 10:50:04 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Steve,
You haven't said what make it is? Maybe the 9.25 SCT says it but I am
not that familiar with what is selling. Of course, whether it is a Meade
or Celestron is kind of irrelevant now since now both are Chinese
companies.
Stan

On 5/10/2015 10:35 AM, stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Howdy all;

I have been studying the weather up north and I just can't deal with
temperatures in the 20's at night. I don't have the clothes for it and
temps like that make an evening with the telescope miserable as far as
touching metal and breathing on eyepieces. Yes, I am a temp wimp.

So, I will be going back to Antennas. I know it will be warm to hot in
the afternoon, but it is really nice in the evening. I plan to be there
on Wednesday and stay for a week or so. I hope some of you can make it
also. It will give me a chance to view with my "new" 9 1/4 SCT and take
some wide angle images I need for the work on the 2nd edition book.

See ya;
Steve Coe