[AZ-Observing] Re: Going scoping and avoiding the cold

  • From: "Jim Waters" <james.t.waters@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 21:43:34 -0700

I really don't have much problem in the cold. I make the effort if I am
imaging because of the improved S/N ratio. What kills me is the dew... I
went up to the Happy Jack area twice late last year and was dewed out both
times. The second time I took an old 12VDC hair dryer which didn't work.

Yes - the cold makes my knees and back feel better to a point. I actually
feel better. I can take the cold as long as I can have my hot chocolate.
Caffeine messes up my night vision.

Jim