[AZ-Observing] Re: Cloudy tonight, maybe OK for next weekend

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:52:42 -0700

Not everyone found the night bad. The following from the QCUIAG list:

From: Paul Maxson <zipper152@xxxxxxx>
To: qCUIAG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [QCUIAG] [L] Mars 12/13/03
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:56:05 -0700

I can't believe I got images tonight.  The sky was full of clouds and I
shot clips as the brightness level got to about 75 or higher.  If there
wasn't a dust storm on Mars I would not have shot.  At any rate, the storm
seems to have moved south and really hasn't gotten larger.  I'm encluding
two links, one for tonight's images and one that compares last night and
tonight.  I did have to overprocess a bit to get the storm.

http://glory.gc.maricopa.edu/~pmaxson/Mars/December/Mars1213txt.jpg
http://glory.gc.maricopa.edu/~pmaxson/Mars/December/Duststorm.jpg

Paul Maxson
http://glory.gc.maricopa.edu/~pmaxson/