[AZ-Observing] Re: Cloudy tonight, maybe OK for next weekend

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:38:06

I hope some people got out after 9 p.m. to take a look at Saturn.  Even
with the planet less than 30 degrees above the horizon, it was rock steady.
 I used a 3-6mm zoom eyepiece in my 10-inch, and was able to use it at its
highest magnification setting (460x).  Quite a few people at the EVAC
holiday party got a look at a very steady Saturn.

Tom