[AZ-Observing] Re: Antennas on Saturday night

  • From: Tim Jones <tjmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:33:29 -0700

A truly outstanding evening for all.  Bob and I enjoyed getting to the
eyepieces for the first time since October and our wives breathed a sigh of
relief to be rid of us for the night :-) .

As Stave mentioned, the wind refused to die after sunset, so the apparent temp
was far lower than the 54º that it actually hit around 2AM, but the views were
spectacular.

And, even though I was christening my new CG-5 mount, the skies gave us some
amazing views.

My only disappointment was an inability to draw Vesta out of the surrounding
stars.  Maybe later in the week...

Tim