[AZ-Observing] Re: Antennas on Saturday night

  • From: Wayne Westlake <24launch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:57:07 -0700

Tim,

Was your trouble finding Vesta due to the size of your scope or the
dimness of the object?

I'm attempting to locate it in my backyard in S Phx with my 10" Dob.
I need to monitor that patch of sky either a few nights in a row
and/or a few hours each time to find out what's moving.  But I'm not
sure if it's futile with the light pollution.  I'm nearly up against
the mtn so my view SSE, S and SSW are relatively light pollution free
- well, better than looking due N right into Phx.

Wayne