[AZ-Observing] Re: 5 Mile Meadow report

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 01:23:53 -0700

Brian, et al;

Just to set the record straight, I rated the Thursday at 5 Mile Meadow as a
9 out of 10...certainly much better than most nights recently.  The Milky
Way was very bright and the dark lanes from the Lagoon up through Cygnus
were fascinating and had a very high contrast with the silvery glow of Our
Galaxy.  I sat down at one point and just started naked eye and with the
small binoculars.  It was half an hour of pure joy.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe