atw: Re: Visibility of documentation efforts

  • From: "Warren Lewington" <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 19:38:23 +1100

Companies employ us when they have a box full of jigsaw pieces and no pictures.
We create the pictures and put all the pieces into the place they are meant to
be.

Bosses see they have the pieces. But have no idea there are no pictures.
Staff know they can't put the pieces together because they haven't got the
pictures.

So we could also metaphorically be called bridge builders. But I think the
pieces and jigsaw analogy is closer.

Warren.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.