atw: Re: Visibility of documentation efforts

  • From: Bill Parker <renew3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 12:14:56 +0800

This thread has reminded me of the Varanus Is (WA) explosion now seven years ago. Was it a "pipeline" or was it "pipeworks" they were writing about all those years ago? The cost of not being consistent was hefty and the beneficiaries were the lawyers.

Bill

On 24/12/2014 12:09, Stuart Burnfield wrote:

/You write with ease, to show your breeding,
But easy writing's curst hard reading/

  * Richard Brinsley Sheridan
    <http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Richard_Brinsley_Sheridan>

And easy reading's curst hard writing /and /analysis.

The trouble is that information that's wrong or ambiguous or incomplete usually looks right at a casual glance. As Christine says, it can take a lot of skilled effort to turn true-looking information into true information, but that effort is invisible to the unskilled eye.

The jigsaw puzzle is a good image, Christine.

--- Stuart