atw: Re: Should we always give users what they ask for?

  • From: "Geoffrey Marnell" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:41:27 +1100

Hi Stuart,

The statistic was explained earlier. Two groups of people were given a text
to read. One text was in printed form; the other was read online. Both
groups were then given a set of questions about the text they had read (the
same set of questions). When repeated many times, the results was this:
those who read the printed text got more questions right. The difference
between the groups was 60%.

Cheers

Geoffrey Marnell

Principal Consultant