atw: Re: Should we always give users what they ask for?

  • From: "Brian Clarke" <brianclarke01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:41:02 +1100

Hi John,

As it is your view, you are entitled to it so long as it has no effect on other
people who have different views.

But my question was about psychological causality. You clearly have no idea
about this. 'Understanding' is a mental process that stands for something about
which even professional psychologists have only limited ideas. The same applies
to 'meaning'.

As far as I am aware there is no clear evidence anywhere linking variety,
choice, meaning and understanding. I was hoping you might have some new,
research data based insights. But clearly all you have is mere assertion.

Brian.