atw: Re: Online form advice

  • From: "Christine Kent" <cmkentau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 07:25:40 +0100

I can't help with comparing like with like, but certainly Survey Monkey is
easy both to set up and complete.  However, I have no idea if it is
possible/how easy it is to organise automatic data transfer.  It extracts
good statistics, and I would imagine it can generate simple data files, but
I have always used the results manually.  I used Survey Monkey while working
for a very conservative company paranoid about security, so if it got past
their technophobes it is probably OK.

I tend to avoid all Adobe applications of every kind because if they can
make something difficult, they will.  Sheer prejudice of course, but each
time I have over-ruled my prejudice it has been to my cost.  Reliable and
safe but difficult sums up Adobe products.

And we all know that reliability is not a Microsoft strong suit. I would sum
Microsoft up as flashy and imaginative, but unreliable.

I would start with Survey Monkey to set your standards and then test the
others to see how they compare.

Christine