[austechwriter] Re: Last Try - Word not saving

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:39:10 +1000 (EST)

Go right ahead Bill,

I have a beaut cold that kept me up past 03:00 two nights running.

No wonder I'm going off half-cocked, as I'm not really in the land of the
living
today.

What I will say is to avoid using the Word "fast save" (saves a difference
file)
and autosave (crashes itself in mid keystroke) "features and just stick to
making full, regular saves when you press Ctrl+S.

For stability, Word should be closed and reopened avery few hours as it builds
up many maga-dumps of temporary files (~*.tmp) that can bring everything down
in
a screaming heap when your PC runs out of "resources" (read partitioned or
available directory space).

I love Word, really I do, now that the part of my brain that used to see all
those lovely features as nasty bugs has been turned to mush by years of Word
use.

Regards,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas

P.S.  Any news on how Warren Lewington's op went today?