[austechwriter] Re: Bogus positions and similar traps

  • From: "White, Bruce" <white@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:13:51 +1000

Howard,
When I worked in personnel I was told that there is a law
against advertising a position that does not exist.

If you can get proof that this has happened, that there
are bogus positions being advertised, I can track down
the legislation and find out where to refer the
complaint.

Some firms and government departments are required to
advertise all positions, even when someone from within
the organisation is most likely to fill the vacancy. This
does not make the position bogus. The fact that they did
not interview anyone from the advertisement does not make
it bogus.

All positions these days get a lot of people responding
to them. Don't waste your time applying for jobs, quick
and simple is the trick.

I recommend using one resume for all positions. In the
covering letter relate the items in the advertisement to
the relevant ones in the resume. If it takes longer then
10 minutes then something is not set up correctly.

Standard practice these days is to not send an
"unsuccessful" letter or email.
Don't dream about the job until you are offered it.

?..Bruce?..
WinHelp IT Editing           <= we edit into hypertext
formats
mailto:white@xxxxxxxxxx
(02) 9955 0344
http://help2.nu