[austechwriter] Re: Bogus positions and similar traps

  • From: <tkraus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:30:03 +1000

Howard,

When I first started contracting as a Mainframe Computer Operator many years
ago, there were a number of Agencies that would regulary advertise jobs that
didn't exist to get resumes in. You would often see the same job and skills
advertised week after week after week. Those Agencies soon got a reputation for
not always having the jobs they advertised and contractors just ignored their

Since I have been working as a contract Tech Writer, I haven't come across it.
All the jobs I have applied for have existed.

Tania.