[audacity4blind] Re: recording with 2 microphones

  • From: Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 22:28:02 +0200

Hi folks

There are a few external devices that allow multi-channel recordings.
See the Wiki page about compatible multichannel devices for details.
I have chosen to compile Audacity with ASIO support. My Lexicon i-onix
has 4 channels. There are now essentially 3 inputs (per usb)
available: 1-2, 3-4 and master.

I have furthermore a simple c-media 7.1 sound card with 2 microphone
inputs. those cost possibly 20 to 30 $.
A 2-mono to stereo adapter won't work because the levels of mic and
line-in do not match. Thus you would have to use a 2-mono to 1-mono
adapter that simply sums the two inputs and passes it on to the mic
input. It is clear that this ends up in a mono track where the editing
of two voices separately gets hard.