[audacity4blind] Re: recording with 2 microphones

  • From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 19:47:36 +0200

Hi!

You can try this to see how Audacity handles your mixer. There are a few
different ways to do this, but here is my suggestion:
1. Open preferences. On the Mac it is command-comma on Windows CTRL-P  do the
trick.
2. Find here the first item in a treeview called: Device
3. Tab until you hear: Input. be sure to select your mixer, if it isn't already
selected.
4. Tab until you hear: Number of channels:. Here you should be able to press
the down arrow-key and see how many channels you can choose as maximum.
5. When you've selected the maximum numbers of channels you can tab to the OK
button and press space.

Now, when you are recording something Audacity should make a seperate track pr
channel.
I've seen this work with an agregate device on my Mac, so I hope this would do
the trick even though you're using a mixer.
Please let us know how it goes...
Best regards
Thomas