[audacity4blind] Re: amplitude and time line

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 00:52:30 GMT

| From Steve the Fiddle <stevethefiddle@xxxxxxxxx>
| Wed, 20 Nov 2013 23:06:40 +0000
| Subject: amplitude and time line
> As there has been no feedback, I'm wondering if perhaps the plug-in is
> not useful, or if you were not able to download it, or not able to
> install it, or just couldn't be bothered to reply. If it needs some
> changes to be useful then I'm happy to modify it, but without some
> feedback I've no way of knowing what, if anything, needs to be
> changed.
>
> I'm guessing that the "Amplify Effect" work-around was sufficient for
> the task and that a separate Analyze tool is unnecessary. If that's
> the case, could someone let me know and I'll not bother uploading it
> to the wiki.

Steve,

My 2p is to upload it anyway because it may be useful in that it
shows linear (which is the default vertical scale), but Amplify
only shows dB.

Would it be useful to combine it with Peak Finder and offer choice
of Label, Message box or both?  Or make a more full featured
Peak Finder (label all peaks above n dB for example)?

PS if Peak Finder stays as is, it may be an idea to document at
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyquist_Analyze_Plug-ins#Peak_Finder
what the "Minimum distance" is - is it only applicable when choosing
"all equally loud peaks"?

Gale