[audacity4blind] Re: Setting up Audacity on new computer

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 02:37:55 -0500

Listen means that you hear the microphone. I don't know if that matters if you are using a what you hear option but it is not necessary if you just want to record using the mi9crpophone. Follow my instructions from earlier in the day and in recording devices, look for the microphone and set the level and work with whatever else you want to work with by looking through properties. What you hear is not often available because In Windows 7 many sound cards either don't support it or the drivers you get when you purchase a computer don't support it. Audacity has a feature you can use to record as though you have What You Hear even if you don't have it. It's called something like loop back.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>