[audacity4blind] Setting up Audacity on new computer

  • From: "Cliff Self" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 15:18:01 -0700

I installed Audacity on a 64 bit HP desktop using Windows 7 and an AMD sound
card.  Even though all the settings seem to be right, the recording device is
set to microphone which is plugged into the correct jack, I can't get it to
record or play back.
I never had any trouble on my XP machine.  Do the record levels default to 0?
I never needed to adjust them in the past.  Finally, I can't find a Stereo Mix
button anywhere.  How can I record what plays through the speakers without it?

Thanks,

Cliff