[audacity4blind] Re: Setting up Audacity on new computer

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 06:56:47 +0200

Can't remember if you still need to turn on a checkbox to display microphone
volume slider in normal volume control, but, if, in windows 7 start menu search
box, you type in something like change sound card, and look for the item,
change sound card settings, and hit enter on it, then ctrl + tab to listen
page, and select microphone in list of devices, and then from there you can
tell it to listen to device, bring up it's properties, make sure it's not
muted, and I have mine's volume level to set to 40 - seems to give me somewhat
better quality if record at a lower level, and then boost it using audacity.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA