[audacity4blind] Re: Recording failed!

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 03:23:39 +0930

There's an Audacity 2.1.1?

I'm using 2.1.0 on a Windows 7 64bit system, and yes, I'm using the wasapi
loopback.

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:13:53 +0000
From: david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Recording failed!

Hi,are you using wasapi loopback in audacity to record?Which version of windows
are you using?Assuming that you're using audacity 2.1.1, when you move back to
the audacity window, does the status line still give the state of audacity as
recording?
David.

On Friday, 31 July 2015, 15:04, Sharni-Lee Ward
<sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently trying to record my progress on an audio game that I'm playing.
I've set Audacity so that it records the audio that would come out of the
speakers, and the first recording usually goes fine. Then I open a new window,
turn off NVDA Speech Mode, press R for record, and alt tab to the game window
to continue. When I've played for a bit, I check back (I'm separating the
documentation into short segments for easier exportation), and find that
although in the edit menu, it has the option to undo the record, the recording
is 0 seconds long! Last night, this happened on Part 4 of my game recording.
Tonight, it happened on Part 2. What am I doing wrong?