[audacity4blind] Re: Re time shifter

  • From: Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 21:47:45 +0100

2014/1/5, Brad Erhardt <brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx>:
> For those of us trying to figure out the time shifter plugin, I have found
> out one method that works best for me. I am running Audacity 2.0.5 and
> although the issue is still there about undo selecting both tracks, you can
> unselect them manually. This is the method however that I discovered worked
> best for me.
>
> Rather than just selecting the track that you want shifted, and than
> entering the effects menu and choosing time shifter,
>
> I first select the track I want shifted,
> then select the whole length of the track with j for mac users or home for
> windows users, followed by a shift K for mac or a shift end for windows
> users. This selects the whole length of the track, then I select the time
> shifter effect and I find that because this sound is selected that time
> shifter only works on this material. Hope this helps other people.
> Brad,

Have you read my recent post about the refined track alignment?
It is essentially the same problem. The plug-ins listed there in a
similar manner as this plug-in but use a predefined value for the
shifting (1 and 10 ms).

You don't have to select the whole track. It is only important that
the selection start coincides with the track start (key "J"or "Shift
J") and that the selection is longer than the shift amount.
This improves the performance on very long tracks.

Regards
Robert