[audacity4blind] Re time shifter

  • From: Brad Erhardt <brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 12:08:32 -0800

For those of us trying to figure out the time shifter plugin, I have found out
one method that works best for me. I am running Audacity 2.0.5 and although the
issue is still there about undo selecting both tracks, you can unselect them
manually. This is the method however that I discovered worked best for me.

Rather than just selecting the track that you want shifted, and than entering
the effects menu and choosing time shifter,

I first select the track I want shifted,
then select the whole length of the track with j for mac users or home for
windows users, followed by a shift K for mac or a shift end for windows users.
This selects the whole length of the track, then I select the time shifter
effect and I find that because this sound is selected that time shifter only
works on this material. Hope this helps other people.
Brad,