[audacity4blind] Re: Podcast Creation

  • From: "Michelle Creedy " <michelle.creedy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 08:10:54 -0800

Thanks Jacob.

Miche lle

From: audacity4blind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:audacity4blind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2014 8:52 PM
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Podcast Creation

Michelle, in terms of volume levels, test is best - try recording little
clips, and listen to them thereafter, and you can always amplify them
afterwards if necessary, and while don't really do more than play around
with audacity myself, I find the best way to handle selecting pieces is to
listen, and then to use [ and ] to start and end selections, during
playback, and then along with jaws scripts, you can easily enough shift
selection start and end, or else use the selection toolbar to sort that out,
and then, think just hitting delete key will remove the selected section,
but, you can also find that via menu's, and if am not mistaken, it will at
least remove the selection, shifting the rest of the track to thus remove
the selection, and not just silence it.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker