[audacity4blind] Re: Podcast Creation

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 12:36:57 -0600

You still have to set the volume level unless it just happens to be correct by
default.  Since you won't be changing your position in relation to the
microphone, you won't have to worry about level changes or using compression.
Test to find the volume level you want and once you find a good setting,
remember the number so you can set it again later if necessary.  You may lose
the level you set for some reason in future and remembering the number will
save you time and trouble.

You said you have problems editing using Audacity.  Since podcasts are mp3
files, the easiest approach might be to record the file using any program you
want, Audacity is fine if that's what you want to record with, then export the
file as an MP3 and edit it using Mp3 Direct Cut.  You can record using Mp3
Direct cut if you wish but I'm not concerned with the program you record with,
I'm concerned with the program you edit with.

Gene