[audacity4blind] Re: Noise removal difficulties

  • From: Cuong Dang Manh <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:50:09 +0700

Hi
You can listen to this podcast to know how the noise removal word. This isn't podcast for blind user, but I think you could understand by listening to the demo. This also have some tips to reduce noise before recording.
On 1/7/2014 1:44 PM, Robbie wrote:

Hi Sharni!

To use Noise Removal you must first select a fraction of the track containing only the noise you want to remove. Then call Noise Removal and press g for Get Noise Profile. Only then should you select the whole track and apply the effect. The first control, Noise Reduction dB, is the value by which the target noise is reduced. Increasing that value may produce better results up to a point.

Can you describe the noise you're getting? Is it a hum or a buzz or more of a hiss? If it's a hum, try shutting everything down that's anywhere near your computer. A phone or an amp or a badly insulated cable may produce a hum. Sometimes it can also help to just use a different socket.

Good luck! Robbie